This professional duo, a new sub-group of the New Muse Ensemble, is based at the University of Missouri in Columbia, MO. Paola Savvidou serves as Assistant Professor of Piano Pedagogy and Jonathan Kuuskoski serves as the Director of Entrepreneurship and Community Programs and Assistant Teaching Professor of Music. The duo’s mission is to expand the repertoire available for four hands by performing newly composed works at universities across the United States, as well as at conferences that welcome new music.
During the 2013-2014 academic year we will take on tour a program emphasizing works by composers based in the Midwest. Venues will include the University of Missouri and other universities in the Midwest region.
Guidelines for submission are as follows:
- Each submission must be 7-20 minutes in duration.
- Use of extended techniques and unconventional uses of the piano are welcome.
- Four-hand (one piano) compositions are preferred over two piano works as not every venue we will be visiting has two concert grand pianos available.
- Repertoire need not be newly composed.
- All submissions must be sent electronically to: SavvidouP@missouri.edu
- In your e-mail, please include:
a. A score in PDF.
b. A live recording of the score (if available) or MIDI realization.
c. A brief composer biography of 250 words or less.
- Submission deadline is May 1, 2013. Selected composers will be notified by e-mail by June 2013.
There is no fee for submissions. Selected works will be performed a minimum of three times. We reserve the right to program submissions in future recitals. We look forward to receiving and performing your music! Inquiries can be addressed to Paola Savvidou, at SavvidouP@missouri.edu
For more information about the performers, please visit: